Calisthenics is an increasingly popular exercise practice. It involves excellent resistance. In urban areas, it is shared to see facilities that favor Calisthenics. Although it has become known in recent years, it is an ancient form of training.
It is important to note that having professional implements or advanced machines is not necessary. It can do from home. Body weight is the “number 1 tool” to carry it out. In this post, we will discuss what Calisthenics is and its main benefits.
What is Calisthenics?
It is training in which the body’s weight is use to develop resistance. Its name originates from the Greek kallos (beauty) and Athens (strength). These exercise practices aim to develop agility, flexibility, and power.
Men and women can perform calisthenic exercises. In fact, among the most basic are the famous squats and pull-ups. An outstanding aspect is that they can be executed by young and old. Moreover, they do not require weights or any tool or material to manage them.
Calisthenics encompasses a wide variety of sports techniques. All kinds of physical exercises in which body weight is used to exert tension on the body fall under the definition of Calisthenics.
Some of the movements are very similar to those in Olympic gymnastics. For example, the “street workout” is a street workout that is usually done in public areas and a group. Iron bars are used to achieve coordinated movements and excellent strength. Calisthenics is very popular in the US and Latin America.
What Parts of the Body Does CALISTHENICS Work?
With this type of sports practice, you have total control of your body. Of course, there are different routines in which attention is given to the legs or the arms. However, some exercises manage to exert tension in the abs and even help develop the pecs better.
You can work the upper or lower body. According to the exercise routine, the body can be shaped. Therefore, the whole body can be performed at the same time.
What are the Benefits of Calisthenic Exercises?
Calisthenics serves to achieve better physical conditioning, which in turn allows you to lose body weight. But, of course, it can also help to achieve the opposite effect, that is, increase muscles. However, it is a bit complex since combining it with other routines and even eating habits are necessary to increase body mass.
The benefits of calisthenic exercises can perceive in less than a month.
These benefits are comprehensive. Next, we will indicate the most outstanding.
- Promotes flexibility and elasticity
- Increases physical resistance
- Burn fat and help lose weight
- Promotes postural control
- Strengthens the joints
- It helps improve mood, reduces stress
- body toning
- Definition of muscle groups
- It supports the cardiovascular system
- Prevents heart-related problems
Calisthenic Exercises for Beginners
As with other sports techniques, Calisthenics comes in levels according to the resistance of each athlete. Therefore, we recommend performing exercises under the guidance of an expert.
Next, we will indicate what the basic exercises to start in Calisthenics are:
- Squats are part of cardio exercises. Its benefits are perceived in the lower body: significantly toned legs, buttocks, and abs.
- Bar pull-ups. Pull-ups require great stamina, but you can increase your body mass when you get the technique right. Immediate effects are seen on the back, arms, and biceps. However, it should be noted that you work the entire upper body. At the beginner level, it is advisable to have an aid that allows you to perform the exercise and repetitions well, such as bands or elastic bands that help us increase our body weight. Elements that we will eliminate when strength and skill have been acquired.
- Arm push-ups. It is an exercise that works the chest, triceps, and deltoids. In addition, it strengthens the core. As a result, a better balance is achieved, and back pain decreases.
- Abdominals not only allow you to show off a flat stomach. It also favors the spine and improves posture, among others.
- Hip raise. It is part of the calisthenic exercises, where you can work the buttocks, abdomen, legs, and even the back. It is simple, and there is a lot of variety, which you can implement to give variety to your routines.
It would help if you were erudite how to do the basic Calisthenics correctly to move on to intermediate and advanced. Then, as progress is made, more complete versions may be introduced. At the same time, the number of repetitions or series can increase.
One highlight is that although these exercises include only bodyweight, you can use parallel or pull-up bars. This way, you can better use your weight to build endurance and burn calories.
Is there a risk of injury while practicing Calisthenics?
It is possible to injure by hand when performing Calisthenics. In reality, any form of bodily movement can contribute to an injury. For this reason, it is of the most significant importance to document yourself well before carrying out sports practices. Furthermore, it is advisable to enlist the help of a training professional.
On the other hand, it is necessary to take into account some general recommendations to reduce the risk of injuries:
- Before starting the exercises, it is necessary to warm up the body and perform good joint mobility.
- Muscle stretches are vital but should not exceed 10 seconds.
- The pace should be increased according to the repetitions. However, going too fast is not recommended.
- We recommend letting the body rest if you feel pain in any muscle group. Exercise with muscle fatigue not suggested.
In short, Calisthenics is an ancient, functional sports practice that is very easy to do from home. Persistence and determination are required. Men and women can do it. We recommend consulting an expert trainer if you want to practice advanced Calisthenics.
What is Heart Rate?
The heart rate or pulse is the rhythm in which the heart beats for a long time. It is usually…
Calisthenics: Definition, Benefits, and Exercises for Beginners
Calisthenics is an increasingly popular exercise practice. It involves excellent resistance. In urban areas, it is shared to see facilities that favor…