Spirulina Benefits – Spirulina is an alga well known for being a great source of vitamins, minerals, and proteins. In addition to its nutritional properties, spirulina is highly valued due to its satiating effect, making it a great ally in losing weight.
The Ideal Complement to Training and Losing Weight
Today we would like to talk about the benefits of spirulina, as well as its nutritional properties and how this alga can help those who want to lose weight due to its satiating effect. So it is that this alga is food not only valued by those who want to lose weight, but due to its excellent nutritional value, many athletes include it in their diets, especially those with hypocaloric diets.
Spirulina is often refer to as a superfood. This is because it contains a decent amount of high biological value protein, minerals (such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, and selenium), and essential fatty acids. And polyunsaturated. As for the contribution of vitamins, spirulina algae is not far behind since it provides vitamins of group B and E, known as antioxidants.
The use of spirulina in the diet is becoming more and more common. When buying this food, it is essential to remember that it is high-quality spirulina and is free of heavy metals. Spirulina can grow in different formats, such as capsules, powder, flakes, or tablets, as a supplement or as an ingredient in cooking. On this page, you can buy quality spirulina grown in Spain.
- So, it Increases hemoglobin and the production of red blood cells (due to the contribution of iron).
- It improves the immune system, increasing the ability to produce antibodies.
- So, it Helps lose weight, thanks to its satiating effect.
- It, Promotes the elimination of toxins.
- But, it Reduces constipation.
- So, it helps improve sports performance. Moreover, its combination of proteins and antioxidants favors recovery after exertion.
- Improves the appearance of hair and nails, thanks to its contribution to zinc and B vitamins.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Helps improve cognitive abilities. Thanks to antioxidants and phycocyanin, it produces a neuroprotective effect that helps stop mental deterioration.
- Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides.
Precautions and contraindications
Despite being a great food, spirulina has some contraindications. So, for example, pregnant or lactating women, people taking medications that may increase the risk of bleeding, or people with specific pathologies, such as autoimmune, kidney failure, hyperthyroidism (the iodine content of this algae must take into account ), or liver disease. It can also alter the effect of some medications.
It is essential not to exceed the recommended amounts when consuming this alga. If you have never taken spirulina, it is also crucial to start progressively, little by little. The maximum recommended daily amount that should not exceed would be a maximum of 5 grams in adults.
For all these reasons, it is always advisable to consult a doctor or a nutrition specialist before consuming this product.
About Biceps And Triceps Workout: Triple Threat Arm Attack
Biceps And Triceps Workout – If you have biceps and triceps in your schedule, consider this protection. This exercise is…
All You Need To Know About Yamaha Thr10
Yamaha Thr10 is loaded with essential amp tones and onboard effects Yamaha Thr10 created the Thr10 to combine sound and…
Leave a Reply